Nicosia Region

Displaying 1 - 20 of 4178
Destination
Saint George in Pedoulas

ST GEORGE church is situated outside Pedoulas to the north. It is a small cemetery church that can be dated to the 13th or early 14th century. Originating in this church is a section of the 13th century main altar door, a wonderful icon of Saint George slaying the dragon painted in the early 14th century and another icon of Saint George in the Diasoritis style, which is the work of the 17th...

Destination
Medieval tower in Kato Pyrgos

In Kato Pyrgos in  Nicosia Region, on a small crest near the sea there are the ruins of an ancient medieval Tower. The area is known as Troulli. The small structure seems to be built in the Byzantine period and was used as a signal beacon for ships and at the same time as an observatory. It was used up until the Francs era. The closest village Pyrgos was probably named by this tower (Pyrgos in...

Destination
Bayraktar-Mosque-in-Nicosia

Bayraktar mosque is located on the west edge of Costanza Bastion and next the Okhi Market. It was built around 1820 to honor the Othman flag bearer, who climbed the Nicosia’s walls during the siege of the city by the Ottomans in 1570. At this location is the flag bearer’s tomb.

The Turkish word bairaktar means flag or war trophy. The mosque was renovated in 2003 and opened to the public...

Destination
Ayiou Savva 3Β | 1015 | Nicosia | Nicosia Region
Ταχυδρομικό Μουσείο στη Λευκωσία

Cyprus has centuries long history on postal services, dating back to the Venetian period in the 15th century, where the first postal link between Cyprus and Venice took place. A postal office opened, during the Ottoman period in 1871 in Nicosia. Officially on 1878, the postal service was founded from the English rulers of that period, and postal offices opened in six Cyprus cities, enabling...

Destination
Τιμίου Σταυρού στην Αγία Ειρήνη

Holy Cross Church in Agia Irini is a single room with wooden roof chapel built using stone from the local area. The chapel follows the pattern of architecture used on other chapels of mountainous Cyprus. It was built on 1625. Inside the chapel one can admire the wooden carved template, and notable wall paintings, even though some of these paintings have fading in time. The chapel is built upon...

Business
24, Digeni Akrita Avenue, Pallouriotissa | 1045 | Nicosia | Nicosia Region
Business
92, Digeni Akrita Avenue | 1061 | Nicosia | Nicosia Region
22500325
22500560