This contemporary, barrel - vaulted church at the top of the Fidkias Hill, was built in 1986. Its interior is decorated with recent wall paintings. Standing on the south side of the chapel is a huge cross (25 metres high) which is visible from a great distance. The chapel celebrates the universal feast of the Raising of the Holy Cross on 14 September. Nearby is a monument built in 2010 in honour of those killed in the Balkan wars 1912-13 defending Greece. Among those heroes is our villager Michael Stivaros
Many pilgrims going to the Kykko Monastery, as well as foreign visitors, stop to rest here. A kiosk operates during the summer time.