This temple is located in the center of Paralimni in the middle of the Byzantine church of Virgin Mary, also known as "Agia Anna" (13th century) and of the Cathedral of St. George, which was built in 1963-1966. An inscription on the north wall of the church gave the information that the present church was built in 1859, in place of an earlier Byzantine church which survived and integrated into sections with the recent one.