In the middle of the village, higher above the main road, stands the church of "Panagia Odegetria" (Virgin Mary, the guiding one) The Metropolitan Bishop of Keryneia, Makarios II, used to call the church as "mikri Faneromeni" (meaning "a smaller version of the Faneromeni church") so as to emphasise its splendour by comparing it to that of Nicosia's. It was constructed in 1930 with donations and voluntary work by the community's inhabitants.
A built-in plate that is found in the north entrance reports: "DURING THE TERM OF THE ALL-HOLY METROPOLITAN BISHOP OF KERYNEIA MAKARIOS WAS THIS VENERABLE CHURCH OF THE HOLY MOTHER OF GOD RAISED OVER THE POSITION OF THE OLD CHURCH WITH HIS EXPENSES AND THE CONTRIBUTION OF THE PIOUS CHRISTIANS. THE CONSTRUCTION STARTED ON 2/1/1929 AND WAS COMPLETED 30/10/1930 DESIGN AND SUPERVISION OF ARCHITECT FILIPOS LOIZOS
The completion of such a structure within a year and a half is a true feat, considering the means of those days.
The built-in plate from its inauguration says: "THIS CHURCH IS INSTITUTED DURING THE TERM OF METROPOLITAN BISHOP OF KERYNEIA MAKARIOS. WITH DONATIONS FROM EVRIPIDES GEORGIADIS AND HIS WIFE ANNA -FROM STROVOLOS -IN THE YEAR OF THE LORD 1930 MONTH OF NOVEMBER 2 A DAY SUNDAY" The church's entire furnishing was completed through donations by the inhabitants and monks that served in various monasteries, especially that of Kykkos. Everywhere one can read, "EXPENSES PAID BY…".
For example, in the High Altar, " EXPENSES PAID BY THE PRIEST AND MONK NIKODEMOS KYKKOTIS, FROM GALATA", "EXPENSES PAID BY IACOVOS ARNOPOULOU", et al. Great benefactors of the community and donators of the church are the dear departed Church Steward of Kykkos, Panaretos, the Vicar of Keryneias's throne, Iacovos Arnopoulos, and others.
The church is divided in three aisles by two series of columns and has a dome. The internal decoration of the church is beautiful, opulent, and imposing. The entire church is decorated with hagiographies.
In the church's vestry several Holy Vessels, veils, vestments, ancient buckles, censers, a cross, a Gospel from 1745, and other items are kept.