Holy Cross Church in Agia Irini is a single room with wooden roof chapel built using stone from the local area. The chapel follows the pattern of architecture used on other chapels of mountainous Cyprus. It was built on 1625. Inside the chapel one can admire the wooden carved template, and notable wall paintings, even though some of these paintings have fading in time. The chapel is built upon a prominent location, on a hill, providing a suitable location to enjoy the view.
From this location the linear nature path of 5 kilometers long, starts from the center of the village of Agia Irene and the church and reaches the Caves of Digenis, location that used to be the headquarters of EOKA. The location is considered a historical monument due to that.